Special Event: Foster Speed Dating!
Speed Dating Quick Facts
- Our Matchmakers will use your profile to preselect three dogs for you to choose from.
- The foster period can be as long or as short as you like! We’ll work with you to plan accordingly!
- Portsmouth Humane makes all pet supplies available for loan!
- Veterinary care is provided by Portsmouth Humane
- There is NO COST to foster!
- YOU CAN help your foster pet find a new home! Come on over to our Foster Facebook page to see other foster pet stories!
At Portsmouth Humane, we believe that animals belong in homes. Most of the animals in our care are eligible for foster while they wait for their perfect match to come along! So, open your heart and home to provide temporary care for a homeless animals.
- We will supply you with everything you need to get started, just supply the love!
- Portsmouth Humane provides all of the vet care!
- There is no fee or cost for fostering.
Foster parents are an important part of our mission, and enable us to save as many lives as possible. Not only are you giving an animal a chance to become more adoptable (by recovering from illness or injury, refining or retaining their house manners), but you are enabling us to house another homeless animal in the shelter.
If you are interested in becoming a foster, fill out our foster profile. This gives us helpful information about your home and foster goals, so that we can best match you with a foster pet! We will ask you to visit the shelter so we can match you with a foster animal (or animals!).
If you have any questions about fostering animals, please text 757-414-6478 or email us at email@example.com.