Portsmouth Humane Society is currently hiring for the following positions:
6/19/2017 UPDATE: OUR INTERNSHIP INQUIRY IS CLOSED.
Please check back in May/June 2018 for more Intern opportunities.
Portsmouth Humane Society (PHS) is the oldest continually operating animal shelter in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Serving on average, 75 dogs and 120 cats per day, the ideal candidate must show an affinity for supporting animal welfare. The role of the Summer Intern is to provide assistance in Customer Service and Marketing.
Executive Director, External Affairs Director, Front Office Supervisor
Duties and daily tasks:
• Provide additional customer service assistance to the Front Office
• Maintain safe and effective work environment which complies with animal shelter procedures, policies, rules, regulations and other duties as assigned by management.
• Greet customers
• Answer phones and direct calls
• Provide assistance with social media advertising to include: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube
• Provide marketing assistance
• Create animal biographies
• Assist with promotional “It was 1980 something” campaign
• Comply with PHS procedures, policies, rules and regulations per the Employee handbook
• Clean, organize and maintain all work areas
Qualifications and Essential Functions and working conditions:
• Rising high school junior or senior, college freshman or sophomore
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to be on your feet, bend, stoop, and walk for an 8-hour work day
• Willingness to take a drug screening
• Willingness and ability to communicate with people in a friendly and professional manner
Compensation and Schedule:
$7.50 per hour; 20 hours per week
Position runs from mid June to mid August 2017
PHS is an equal opportunity employer.
Email a letter of interest to Babs Zuhowski, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: June 10, 2017